Photographer Hunter Barnes, who is known for work telling the human story behind some of the world’s least understood cultures, spent months documenting one of the country’s last known congregations of Serpent Handlers. His images capture the strange and taboo practices – serpents, poison, and healing – of a dying community.
Barnes is currently working to publish a book – A TESTIMONY OF SERPENT HANDLING – documenting his experiences and ensuring that this way of life is not lost.
For further information, please go to his Kickstarter page to donate and check out the related video.
- Milk Underground | Kolbrun Love
- MILK GALLERY PRESENTS | MILK UNDERGROUND PREVIEW
- THE GROUND COLLECTIVE GALLERY
- Opening Night | Dirty Old Town
- Charming Baker presents "Lie Down I Think I...